Why do we need to Proofread a Patent? Patent Proofreading is the final priority step that is done after the final draft for a patent is complete. It eliminates the errors that might have been made while preparing a draft which might have led to the rejection of a patent if left unchecked. Patent proofreading not just covers the grammatical aspects, but also every legal and technical aspect such as spelling, formatting, claims, and illustration errors of the documents.
Learn everything about Proofreading: Patent Proofreading: A Paramount Step to Achieve Patent for Your Invention
Key Variables To Proofread
- Grammar: This is one of the significant sections for proofreading, as grammatical usage defines the perception of a sentence, i.e. if the application of the grammar in a statement/draft is not appropriate, that may mislead the court to depict what your draft actually explains, which may result in abandoning your draft. So, to make sure that the meaning intended is the same as the meaning conveyed in the patent draft, proofreading is a must.
- Illustrations & Technicalities: Disclosing a patent specification and its drawings in a patent draft is a very tricky task; you have to be too specific with the details in data of the patent as well as with the diagrammatic representation. Proofreading takes care of that by thoroughly checking if all the technicalities and terminologies are used appropriately and as of the illustration part, it takes care of the detailing in the drawings i.e. Specification, technicalities, the ink and the paper used.
- Enabling Invention: When an invention is disclosed in the draft, it should be iterated in such a manner that any person of the same field with a basic level of knowledge can recreate/replicate. This type of iteration in the draft is called Enabling Invention. Proofreading the idea behind the invention will help ensure whether the invention is completely enabling or its just ambiguous.
- Structure & Scope of Patent Claims: Patents while drafted needs to be constituted of very precise details about the specifications which generate a protective shield, which is necessary to protect patents from every aspect. Hence, proofreading the document is necessary to ensure that all the data within the document is in the correct format and consists of accurate data such as, correct usage of words for description, ambiguousness of the data, and specification details.
Since the complete patent prosecution process is a bit tricky and fully loaded with a number of prerequisites lined up, it’s better to take help from an efficient patent attorney.
Why Prefer Our Services?
- Zero error data in technical, grammatical fields and cover page info.
- Application of latest technology to perform fast and efficient report delivery with accurate error detection.
- Manual inspection of illustration and claim sets to provide accurate drawing along with its description details and claim structure.
- Cost effective services along with quick turnaround time.
To know about our services, please visit our service page.